Saturday, December 18, 2010

"QUITTING"

Some friends were asking me yesterday to reconsider my decision of quitting tournament poker. So here I want to explain myself why I'm "quitting."

It's more like putting tournament poker on hold. I want to be a successful poker player but I have to choose between the two -- cash games and tourneys. Why not both? Well we can't have them all. I decided to choose cash games and concentrate on it so I can succeed faster.

I am a dreamer and I dream of new dreams every day. I have dreams of having my picture taken holding two cards and a pile of chips infront of me. Dreams of winning international poker tournaments. But for the new year I decided to dream more simple dreams. Dreams I can turn into reality in a year or less. For the meantime, I will dream of sitting at Table 20 at The Metro. I'll dream of crushing NL30 online. I'll dream of moving up atleast two limits both online and live. Dreams I know I can turn into reality. :D


"Feel the pain teaching us how much more we can take
Reminding us how far we've come
Let the pain burn away from our hearts
We have time to start all over again"





These big tournaments I've played  recently have brought me big time heartaches. Then I realized how far I've come and felt good about it. "Quitting" is not about me breaking down. It's about me building over... on the cash games. :)

This song says it all.

3 comments:

  1. All in due time bro. Ako I'm still open to that one big score. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dumating na din yun time that i wanted to quit . . . pero quitting is not the best option. . i want that ONE TIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to have a map to find the treasure eh?

    ReplyDelete